Subject: [Leica] revisiting Monument Valley with a panorama
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Nov 15 11:59:52 2004

Adam Bridge showed:

 > This is a three-panel panorama taken within five miles of the entrance
> to the Navajo Triball Park at Monument Valley.
>
> <http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2004-October/MonumentValleyPanorama.jpg>

Hi Adam,

Surely one for the wall!  Good on you!! :-) And if one didn't know it was
stitched, they'd think it was a wide angle or whatever angle to capture a
beautiful scenic.

I small question for your reaction.

When the picture came up on my screen my initial re-action was "Oh why
didn't he crop the road on the lower right corner and side?"  Not a vertical
crop from the right border, but come up from the bottom. I realize this
takes a fair chunk off the desert part and almost to the mountain, but it
seems to strengthen the clouds and the monument formation even more. Some
what elongating the photograph.

However, that's in the eye of the viewer and may not be so with the
photographer. :-)

Your re-action to some kind of cropping as I explained? If any?

ted