Subject: [Leica] Re: I finally did buy one
From: alexglissan at hotmail.com (Alexander Glissan)
Date: Sun Nov 14 23:41:10 2004

I got a used 1968/70 (I think it is type 2) 50 mm Summicron for 380 bucks
from #bay.
There are definitely bargains to be had (If $400 US is a bargain for a 30
year old lens? Sometimes I think my perspective may be skewed)! But keep
looking it is worth it. I shot a wedding for my friends using this lens and
the picture quality is beautiful. Truly, Leica glass has its own look.

Apparently the Type 2 'cron due to its elements and groups is not one of the
"great" lenses. It has however produced some of the nicest tonal pictures I
have shot. I would even say I like it more than my brand new 35 'cron. I
wonder what the rest of the forum thinks?

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here:
http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail