Subject: [Leica] Taking a photo of a viewfinder
From: alexglissan at hotmail.com (Alexander Glissan)
Date: Mon Nov 8 15:52:37 2004

The easiest way (if you have the equipment) to take a photo of a viewfinder
is to use a PENTAX AUTO  110! I wrote something similar to Stephen Gandy
when he was trying to measure the VF of the Konica Hexar RF.....

This is taken from a website devote to that camera

"Other unique applications come to mind: it can be used
to photograph the viewfinder display of another camera,
through the eyepiece...... its light weight and low vibration
level permit use with lightweight telescopes and instruments
that could not support a larger camera, as well as those
whose eyepieces cannot be removed...... It can even be used to
measure the field of view of an instrument, by photographing
through the eyepiece and measuring the diameter of the image
on the negative. And finally, the apparent distance of a
viewfinder or instrument display can be accurately measured
by bringing the display to focus in the Auto 110 viewfinder,
and then simply reading the distance off the footage scale on
the lens."

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-116.html

You need to use the 24mm lens on the auto 100 to do this. 110 film is still
available. An auto 110 doesn't go for much on ebay so try there. If you
would like to send me your M6 I could do it for you. I live in Sydney
Australia........   ;)

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here:
http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail