Subject: [Leica] Leica CL
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sat Nov 13 05:19:33 2004

>Someone recommended the CLE over the CL. From what I've read, it's almost
>impossible to get parts for the CLE, while the Leica CL belongs to the M
>class
>which doesn't have that problem.

I agree. I have a CL and am very happy with it:
        http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/LeicaCL.html

Leica NJ did a good job of CLAing it for me and they had parts for
the meter and shutter. Sherry also had parts as well.

Prices for the CLE are starting to drop in Japan. They are ending the
end of their natural life. In a recent Asahi Camera, the writer
remarked that  the CLE was unfortunately built more like a compact
camer than an M camera.

I recently bought a Hexar RF from a LUGger and couldn't be happier.
It's really a great camera. It's unfortunate that it was derided for
most of its history in America.

        http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/HexarRF.html

This now fills out my stable:

        Hexar RF:       0.60x
        Leica M7:       0.72x
        Leica M3:       0.91x

I'm going to try to stop buying more cameras now. Really.....

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Leica CL)