Subject: [Leica] Photographic essay of a major disability protest in J apan
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Fri Nov 12 06:16:17 2004

>DPI-J 2004-09 (Official pointing over protestor's head) is the perfect
>summary of the story.  It sums up the whole problem in one photograph -
>officialdom blocking out the disabled.

Thanks! I felt the same away about the photo as well. The officer
obviously didn't go to the disability-awareness seminar where they
tell you that if you're talking to someone in a wheelchair, you
should bend down to their level rather than peering over them.

I tried to take a lot of my photos in this series at the wheelchair
level.  I wasn't always successful. It's definitely a different
perspective. I  should have taken my 'blad, it's easier to use the
waist level finder for this type of work.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura