Subject: [Leica] Leica CL
From: daniel.rocha at free.fr (Daniel ROCHA)
Date: Fri Nov 12 12:21:22 2004

Afterswift@aol.com wrote:
> Someone recommended the CLE over the CL. From what I've read, it's
> almost impossible to get parts for the CLE, while the Leica CL
> belongs to the M class which doesn't have that problem.

Oh yes ! It's very important !

> If you have
> good eyes, you'll have no trouble focusing the 90mm. A +3, etc.
> diopter lens is available for CL used, if you can find it. I haven't
> been able to locate one.

If a diopter lens is available is a good point, but is ther any
magnifier
available too ?? I'm also very interested by the 90/4 !

> but once you memorize the procedure, that pressure plate is about the
> best I've seen in all 35mm technology. The CL has a great focal plane
> shutter and it has a very sensitive -- if delicate -- meter.

And what about loudness ??? It's more noisy than a M body but a lot
more,
ar just a little ?

> The CL and its native 40mm lens is an awesome combination.

I love to read that ! :)

It belongs to the
> M5 generation, which was innovative in its time -- and still is. The
> CL is a Leica, even the ones made by Minolta. But don't confuse the
> CL with the Minolta CLE.

Don't worry ! Thanks  !

<> Daniel Rocha -  Photographie <>
 http://www.monochromatique.com