Subject: [Leica] Microtek Large Format Scanner
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 08:37:59 2004

I have the Microtek Scanmaker 9800XL scanner and am extremely pleased  with
it.  With firewire on a computer with a good amount of memory, it  flies
through the files.

Here is a comparison of a slide scanned on the  flatbed with the same slide
on a Nikon Coolscan 5000 (No sharpening  applied)

Pardon the explicit sexual nature of this shot.  ;>D

http://www.sonc.com/scan_compare.htm

The dedicated slide  scanner is sharper, but the Microtek might serve well
even for production.   It would be sharper even if you were scanning the
film on
the glass.  I use  it to scan 2 1/4 and 4x5 fairly often.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
?galit?, libert?, crawfish

In a message dated 11/12/2004 9:28:11 AM Central Standard Time,