Subject: [Leica] Microtek Large Format Scanner
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Fri Nov 12 07:26:54 2004

I have 40-plus years of slides and negatives I want to catalog on my
iMac G5.  My plan is to scan them as contact sheets in Photofile
sleeves, catalog the images and then do proper scans of selected
images for albums and display.

The Microtek Scanmaker 9800XL looks like one of the few scanners
available with a tabloid-sized platen. I plan on buying the
transparency adapter with it.

Do any of you have experience (good and bad) with this scanner that
would help me decide if this is a good choice?  Are there other
options?

Many thanks.
--
Regards,