Subject: [Leica] Summarons-with-eyes query
From: sethrosner at direcway.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Wed Nov 10 15:30:00 2004

The 35 Summaron brings up the 50mm frame in all M viewfinders, Stan, and
displays the 35mm focal length field in the viewfinder. Tom A. has correctly
observed in an article in the curretn LHSA VIEWFINDER magazine that the 35's
with eyes is a pain; it is much more bulky and unwieldy in function than
appears and, as Tom writes, always seems to get caught on something in the
bottom of the bag.

If you can do with the lack of speed,  the 35/2,8 Summaron is superb
optically, overall better than the 8-element 35/2 Summicron (Erwin himself
has written to the same effect) except for some slight field curvature, and
has become my main user lens except when I must have f/1,4.

Seth         LaK 9