Subject: [Leica] Summarons-with-eyes query
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Wed Nov 10 09:01:17 2004

Stan asked:

>If you mount one of these on an M2, what happens in the VF? I assume
>it calls up the 50mm frame, as I believe it does on the M3. Would I
>then see the proper 35mm field of view via the eyes? I realize that
>the non-eyes Summarons are the better match with an M2, but I was
>just wondering.

Same as on the M3 - you get the 50 frame, and the goggle optics give
you a 35mm field of view through that frame.

I have one of these for the M3, but rarely use it as I also have a
couple of M2s. The 35/1.4 Summilux (early) sits almost permanently on
one, and on the 'beater' I have the proper M2 35/3.5 Summaron without
eyes which brings up the 35 frame in the v/f. IMHO the goggles are a
compromise: there's nothing to beat the full 35mm frame of a good M2
v/f.

Best

Alex
--
Alex Hurst
Waterfall

Tel: +353 214 543 328 (H)
        +353 214 270 907 (W)

Fax: +353 214 271 248
email: corkflor@iol.ie
Also: corkflor.2@virgin.net (when in the UK, which isn't often)
Home website: http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
Business website: http://www.corkflorists.com/

Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) public key available at:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371
ID: 0x5BB72019