Subject: [Leica] Plattdeutsch
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Wed Nov 10 09:09:32 2004

Douglas wrote:

>A few years ago there was a play on TV here in
>Germany set in the NW, the TV company had to use
>sub-titles when it was
>shown in Bavaria.

I see they've got round to putting that riveting
German language TV saga 'Heimat', set in the
Hunsr?ck, on to DVD. The first set runs to 14
hours or so, but it really is hypnotic stuff. My
own German is strictly 'Hochdeutsch', so I
sometimes welcome the subtitles too because the
regional accent is strong here too. I seem to
remember that the post-war episodes have scenes
set in a precision optics firm....but not in
Wetzlar.

Best

Alex
--
Alex Hurst
Waterfall

Tel: +353 214 543 328 (H)
        +353 214 270 907 (W)

Fax: +353 214 271 248
email: corkflor@iol.ie
Also: corkflor.2@virgin.net (when in the UK, which isn't often)
Home website: http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
Business website: http://www.corkflorists.com/

Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) public key available at:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371
ID: 0x5BB72019

Message from DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] OT:How many languages do you speak?)
Message from dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post) ([Leica] OT:How many languages do you speak?)