Subject: [Leica] OT Joe's Cozy Corner
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Wed Nov 10 15:16:53 2004

In a message dated 11/10/2004 4:42:45 PM Central Standard Time,
jon.stanton@comcast.net writes:
"I'm not near there anymore, I am 250 miles away.   There are still good
places to hear music, check out http://www.wwoz.org/ for  playdates."

Thanks for the info Sonny...I can relate to the distance factor. From time
to time when I lived in San Jose, CA.  I would get calls from Chicago
friends asking me if they could spend a few days and could I pick them up at
the airport? I'd oblige and ask where they were coming in at SFO, Oak, or
San Jose? Invariably it was always LAX 400 miles away!
"You mean you don't live close to Disneyland?"
Nope...
"I'll get back with you"
When we first movef to Natchitoches, some of our New Orleans Friends would
call on a Wednesday to invite us to a Friday event.  They thought we had
moved
someplace across  Lake Pontchartrain.

My daughter did her masters in San Francisco; when people asked her where
she
was from, she always said, "East Bay."  Sometime they would press her  for
details, and she would say, "New Orleans."

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?, crawfish

Replies: Reply from jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB) ([Leica] Re: OT Joe's Cozy Corner)