Subject: [Leica] OT:How many languages do you speak?
From: deveney.marty at saugov.sa.gov.au (Deveney, Marty (PIRSA))
Date: Tue Nov 9 18:11:29 2004

Doug maaate,

> Any speakers of Strine on the list? - good on yer' cobbers!

Well there's me (fluent in North Queensland drawl and Southern Rural strine
dialects) and then there's Alex in Sydney, Andrew Nemeth, Alastair Firkin
and probably others.  You can't live here and at least be able to understand
it.

I am also fluent in music (classical notation and guitar tab).  I can order
food and beer in several European languages.  Apart from that I'm pretty
useless, linguistically, unless you need a scientific document 'translated'.

Marty

Replies: Reply from DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] Strine - How many languages do you speak?)