Subject: [Leica] More snaps (Skopar)
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Wed Nov 3 14:24:40 2004

> I've always wondered if it wasn't a problems with my eyes (astigmatism
?
> sp?). I seem to error in the same direction, the same amount.

Daniel,

I don't think it's a problem with vision impairment...astigmatism, etc.
Since I've started using Leicas I've noticed that I have to "see"
differently.  With my Nikon SLR's I generally framed on the basis of
what I saw in the viewfinder, and I could adjust the camera position for
level horizon or plumb verticals, if that's what I wanted.

With RF cameras, I'm learning, I have to do this differently.  It
affects how I "see" light and shadow through the viewfinder, as well as
how I frame for level horizons, or plumb verticals.

Just a matter of practice for me, I suspect.  Shoot, shoot, shoot,
someone told me, so that's what I'm doing!

Ken

Replies: Reply from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] More snaps (Skopar))