Subject: [Leica] Light and a continuation of the discussion
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Nov 2 16:07:12 2004

Paul,
Thanks for taking the time to make a recommendation.  Unfortunately, the
bride and groom wanted some color and that doesn't go much above 800 in
the film world with any quality. In color, even 3200 would bring 1/8 and
that is too dodgy for one time shots. Also, even 1/60 wouldn't work the
way these folks were dancing.

The next time I do one of these things I'll bring some large light boxes
and have them switched using a radio remote and different channels set
for different sides of the room.  That way I will get some of the
appearance of directional light and not the hard light of even a
diffused on camera flash.

No one is going to win any prizes for taking pictures in rooms like I
was just in, but you still have to come up with great images to remember
the good times and the occasion.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com