Subject: [Leica] More snaps (Skopar)
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Nov 2 12:22:42 2004

> Daniel
>
> Sorry to hear the M did not fare to well.  My M6TTL and R4SP did much
> better than I did a few months ago, when I fell off a bridge (I was of
> course not paying attention as to where I was stepping) here in Madison
> County.

Now Gene ... you must KNOW the wise-cracks you're going to get! :)

> I fell about 4 ft. onto rocks and rolled down the embankment.

Ouch. That could have been pretty bad!

> My wife is giving me a bad time about it now.  She tells me she is going
> to put a rope around my waist next month when we are in Germany and Poland
> so I will not fall off any mountains, bridges or castles we visit.  On the
> other hand she may just let me fall as my insurance is paid up. ;-)

Yeah, mine too. She said that while she tried to catch up with me she was
muttering: How am I going to get a car out here if he broke his leg?

I was kind of stupid. I had a pair of good hiking boots on and thought
they would work wonders on the rocks. I wasn't paying enough attention to
where I stepped. Live and learn.

None of my cameras are in particularly good condition (cosmetically). So I
don't worry too much about the gashes (they are in the bottom plate
anyway). I am thinking about retiring that one though. It's the only one
that I've had to repair. Granted, the other time was when it flew out of
my open rucksack and landed on asphalt. That one was ugly. Cracked the
body even.

You be careful!

Daniel

Replies: Reply from grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com) ([Leica] More snaps (Skopar))