Subject: [Leica] Blocked for international traffic
From: kenf01 at gmail.com (Ken Firestone)
Date: Tue Nov 2 11:51:19 2004

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:19:39 +0100 (MET), Daniel Ridings
<daniel.ridings@edd.uio.no> wrote:
> I read in the paper this morning that the site:
>
> http://www.georgewbush.com
>
> blocks out international visitors. I can't get in. Can anyone else from
> outside the US?
>
> Or is it just very very busy? I get the message that I'm "not authorized"
> to visit it.

This was a big story in the geek community about a week ago. Yes they
are blocking internet protocol addresses that are assigned to networks
outside of the US. Why? No one seemed to know.

--
Ken Firestone, W3CAT    Kerry-Courage under fire.
kenf01@gmail.com          Bush-Driving under the influence.

Replies: Reply from timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton) ([Leica] Blocked for international traffic)