Subject: LIGHT (was: Re: [Leica] WAS: LEICA SEMINAR! 2004. NOW: PHOTOGRAPHIC DISCUSSION. ?)
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Mon Nov 1 12:44:32 2004

Aaron - Many thanks for the careful look and comments.  "Gentle" is
not a word I would have applied to these but I do see your point.  I
wonder if the overall gray mood set by the weather produced the
result, or did you see something else there?

The issue of foreground objects in landscapes baffles me at some
level.  I usually prefer peopleless landscapes for some reason and
don't miss foreground objects.  Yet, I remember references to the
iconic National Geographic "red canoe" in some of the discussions at
the recent Hyannis Leica Meeting and how important it was felt to be
to a good shot.  To your eye does it just provide additional scale or
do something else?

I'll try some new croppings on 6 & 7 and see what I come up with.

Again, many thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick