Subject: [Leica] simple pouch recommendation for M body, one lens
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sun Oct 31 23:12:01 2004

I have just returned from Trekking in Nepal, where I wore a
"one-Planet" pack on my back and hooked to the waist band and from the
shoulder straps, I hung a Lowepro "digital" D-Res 40AW: its a sort of 8
inch "cube with small handle with a  lid which flip open. It was
perfect for one M6 with lens attached. I tried it with the 35 asph, but
ended up taking the DR summicron. It fitted on on side with the lens
shade in position, and 2 lenes on the opposite side: in my case I took
the 15 Heliar and the 135 Tele-elmar. The small "slots" for memory
cards held 3 filters in their "Leitz" plastic containers, a small note
pad sat at the front, a pen in the padded section behing the camera
along with cable release and Polarizing filter. The bag is well padded,
when zipped was very dust resistant and of course being AW, comes with
a water proof cover built into the base (which I have not used).
Getting the camera in and out of this was quick and efficient. If I
keep the camera out it rested on the bag as it hung around my neck, the
neck strap held by the sternum strap of the pack: it was small enough
to see my feet -- important when you are descending rocky paths (I knew
this because the lowe A3 pack I put on the front one day caused me some
"concern" being about twice the size) and was about as "perfect" an M
carrier as I have used: and I've tried and trialed a few now.

Cheers