Subject: [Leica] OT: press freedom?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Oct 28 09:21:50 2004

Actually boycotting of newspapers because of content (and especially
editorial opinion) isn't censorship in any way. Newspapers, the last
time I looked, are businesses and so they need to sell something. If
you don't like what a paper is saying/doing then you get to tell them
that and quit subscribing.

That's NOT censorship and it's not curtailment of a free press -- it's
the marketplace in action.

I think some of your other issues are quite real but this one is just
a boondoggle.

Adam