Subject: [Leica] LEICA SEMINAR! 2004 :-)
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Oct 24 08:28:41 2004

At 10:54 PM 10/18/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>  WOW! You guys must see her "real prints" instead of looking at the
> screen! No comparison, kind of takes yer breath away in real life. Damn
> she's good! :-)

Thanks, Ted!  I think everybody was blown away by your digital
prints!  And, as always, your ability to find photos where nobody else
can.  We all benefited from your critiques.  I learn something every
year.  I hope we find a way to continue the seminars somehow.  It was great
to see everybody and put some faces to familiar LUG names.

I went to PhotoPlus Expo after Cape Cod.  Brian and Stan were manning the
Leica booth and there seemed to be a crowd there every time I went by.  No
news on the digital back.  I did get to try out the new Digilux2, but the
10 second delay with RAW rules that one out for me. PhotoPlus Expo seemed
to be focused mostly on software instead of hardware this year.

Coming back through Washington (our direct flight to Charlotte was canceled
because USAir didn't have enough personnel!)  the lines through security
were horrendous.  We very nearly missed our plane. I had no problems with
the polite examination of my film and cameras, but the examination of my
bionic knees and under-wire bra were extremely personal!  I thanked the
woman for my free massage.

I returned home to find that both Maxtor 250GB hard drives on my computer
had failed.  I'm waiting now for the repair guy.  Everything was insured
and backed up with Retrospect so I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be
able to load everything back up with no problems.  Please sacrifice a
chicken to the computer gods in the hope that I don't lose anything.  In
the meantime, I'm working on a laptop - very frustrating.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

http://www.pdiphotos.com