Subject: [Leica] Re:OT: Leica M7 with MP finder?
From: fmaturana at euskalnet.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Sun Oct 24 08:17:49 2004

>Hasselblad is also actively engaged in eradicating grey market dealers.
>This is from their
>website:
>
>"Hasselblad USA believes the grey market is a disservice to the
>photographic market. These resellers do not invest back into the industry,
>do not support educational activities that introduce new >photographers
>into the business and provide little, if any, post-sales support and
>service to their clientele. For these reasons, Hasselblad USA is actively
>involved in eradicating grey market as a source of >Hasselblad product in
>the United States."
>
>Frank

I cannot speak about Hasselblad or Leica, whose equipment never required a
support, but as an extensive Nikon user I can say that the monopoly of a
firm, in Spain is Finicon, just raises up prices and produces the worst
service I've seen in my life. I suppose the agreements between Nikon and
Finicon do not allow to open this market but I do prefer buying my Nikon
gear from outside Spain because the prices difference are huge!

So, if grey market helps to the customers is welcome! I think that some USA
firms provide very good warranties and services. The investing back into the
industry, the educational activities are a matter of the internal firms
politic and we cannot do anything about. On the other hand here in Spain
Canon never ask where come from a camera of equipment, merely they fix it,
and very quick!

Felix