Subject: [Leica] Interview on Zeiss Ikon
From: leicanikon at earthlink.net (Stephen Gandy)
Date: Mon Oct 25 09:05:09 2004

Photokina had working versions of the 85 and 15

I think you confused the 15/2.8  with the 85/2.

the 15/2.8  is huge and hulking, about the size of the Noct.  I can't
imagine many people choosing it over the much less expensive and about 1/5th
smaller Voigt 15/4.5

the 85/2 is "normal size," about the same size as the classic 85/2 Sonnar
for Contax RF, perhaps even a bit smaller.

the lenses are beautifully finished, but still not cheap  priced at 60% of
Leica.  They will likely give Leica buyers some very tough choices,
especially since Zeiss is publicly saying their aim is to make the best M
lenses.

Stephen