Subject: [Leica] Epson & Hermes & .58 & .85 etc.
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Fri Oct 22 06:28:45 2004

Doug

Let's face it, BD will never understand the R cameras, or accept them for
the great machines they are. ;-)  On the down side, my 35/2.8R is sick.
;-(  The auto diaphram is sticking and not closing down correctly.  I
guess after 35+ years it is due a trip to the doctor.  Now if I can just
get it sent out and back before the trip next month...

Gene

"B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:

> All I've said about Leica and Rs is that Leica has been way behind the
> pack in terms of reflex development, and the Rs are and have been money
> losers for some time.

B.D., your keyboard has been far too prolific to make a search of the
archives worth my time but you know as well as many others on the list
know that you've written much more derogatory things about the R cameras
you haven't used.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com