Subject: [Leica] Curious auction
From: locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke)
Date: Thu Oct 21 18:56:35 2004

Just got this in my INBOX

Important Photographic Equipment
>From the Private Collection of the Late James A. Collins, Jr.
October 18th-November 8th

Preview in Savannah, GA
By Appointment (912) 231-1376
Friday, October 29th, 10-5
Saturday, October 30th, 10-4

Everard & Company is pleased to present the first in a series of auctions of
Important Photographic Equipment from the Private Collection of the Late
James A. Collins, Jr.

Mr. Collins, an American industrial engineer who lived most of his adult
life in Asia, had a tremendous passion for photographic equipment. Not being
an overly zealous photographer himself, Mr. Collins managed to amass a
collection of over 1800 cameras, lenses and accessories because he was
fascinated by how they work.

The Collins Collection was accumulated over a thirty-year period and
represents an interesting view into all things Leica. The Leica equipment
dates from the late 1920's to the late 1990's with many examples of
production bodies and lenses as well as pre-production prototypes (both
bodies and lenses), cutaways and dummy models. Additionally, the collection
contains significant lots of Zeiss Ikon, Nikon, Rollei, Canon and
Voightlander equipment dating from the same time period.

Here is a web link.  Mind the wrap around
http://auction.igavel.com/ClientInfo.taf?_function=info&id=690&skip=1&_UserR
eference=7F0000014718B370F3A8C20E36AC41785B12

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
http://blog.greglocke.com
Independent journalism from