Subject: [Leica] Leica back in action
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Thu Oct 21 11:38:42 2004

Tim,

Only going by what he told a friend. I could be wrong, but I believe
there is also a book of his photos in B&W with mainly this gear.
That was enough to get my friend to buy this lens for his M6.

I had mainly worked out for myself that Leica was pushing the
28 ASPH as the modern replacement for the 35 "normal lens"
on the M7 and picked up this combo over a year ago. The results
are nothing short of stunning and I've never heard anyone who
owns a 28 ASPH do anything but sing its praises.

Don't take many people pictures myself. Mainly scenics and
industrial stuff in factories where sometimes people are an
important element in an environmental shot. With the 35, I was
often backed up against a wall in the past while still not getting
everything in that I wanted/ needed.

Doubtless the White House will be doing a lot of digital stuff in
the future for the sake of convenience and deadlines. I have a
hunch that quite a few will stick with film for the more reflective,
less time sensitive captures. We'll see...

Had a D1 for a while, BTW and have since "loaned" it to my son
who needs it for web posting. I found it to be a good little camera,
but I didn't care for the workflow and the results were nowhere near
as reliable for me as an M. Glad I'm NOT a pro...

Time to get the groceries and my negatives and scans from the lab.
(I only get one day off most weeks.)

William

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Leica back in action)
Reply from locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke) ([Leica] Leica back in action)