Subject: [Leica] Leica back in action
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Thu Oct 21 11:07:07 2004

Ted,

It's William, but I'll let it pass this time. :-)

By sheer coincidence, access to G.W. would be little problem for me, owing
to a "friend of the family" from Texas. Don't ask... BUT, I'm just an
amateur who gets lucky occasionally and whatever I got would be very
unlikely to be as good as some of your stuff. Besides, I'd have to wear
that blue necktie with the silver triple stripes, and I've long ago given
up wearing neckties for "religious" reasons! :-)

Too bad you didn't live in NYC during the mid-seventies. You'd have had all
the free F-1 stuff you could carry. In those days even I could borrow all
the Leitz stuff I wanted from the Press Office on Columbus Circle in
exchange for all the Metropolitan Opera comps I had back then... :-) Used
to bump into a lot of pros of all kinds there who were returning borrowed
gear. They couldn't fathom why E. Leitz didn't give them the stuff just as
the Nikon office did on Madison Avenue. Interesting that many still
preferred to use Leica glass and SL's when they could and were made "good
deals" when they broke down and HAD to have something.

Best,

William

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Leica back in action)