Subject: [Leica] Digital "crop factor"
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri Oct 15 11:10:52 2004

I wouldn't bet on anything "down the road," Feli. Face it, most of the
market for the digital M is going to be the amateur/hobbiest market, and
how many people in that category are going to pay $5000  to $7000K for a
1.33 crop digital M and then turn around and pay $10K later on for a
full-frame model? Damn few. And if people don't buy the 1.33 crop model
- assuming there is one, thinking they're going to wait for the full
frame model, Leica will go  belly up while people wait.

BTW - Where is the digital back for the R? Does anyone have an arrival
date?

B. D.