Subject: [Leica] Yankee bashing??? And an attempt to change the subject...
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri Oct 15 11:18:12 2004

Lest we start to get into the who taught whom what about arrogant
behavior, or from which country the U.S. learned the tactics its been
employing in Iraq, or for that matter what movie about which country's
foreign adventure U.S. spooks and counter-insurgency types have been
using as a training film for the past 40 years...perhaps we might change
the subject.......

So...anyone seen the new Jim Marshall book - Proof!? It's really
fabulous. Even if it didn't include a photo of Marshall's camera bag and
equipment, black Ms spilled about with an R4s - oh, wait, that's a
Minolta, isn't it? ;-) - poking out of the bag, this book would be a
must have. Each right-hand page features one of Marshall's great rock
and roll or celeb shots, while the accompanying left-hand page has a
reproduction of the contact sheet from which the image came, allowing
one to see what his eye was doing during the shoot. Great stuff of
everyone from the painfully young Bob Dylan and Joan Baez, to the still
alive Brian Jones and Jim Morrison, to a few of today's celebs, such as
Bill Bob Thornton.

A must have for Marshall fans...

Replies: Reply from masonster at gmail.com (David Mason) ([Leica] Yankee bashing??? And an attempt to change the subject...)
Reply from jon.stanton at comcast.net (Jon) ([Leica] Yankee bashing??? And an attempt to change the subject...)