Subject: [Leica] Digital "crop factor"
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Oct 14 13:55:03 2004

Speed isn't an issue with the crop factor - coverage is. Your 35 lux on
a camera with a 1.5 crop factor is still a 1.4 lens - but it's a 52.5.
There's no doubt about that being a PITA. But it's also reality. And the
reality of a 35 mm sensor also carries with it draw backs for those who
shoot fast and often - and that has to do with file size and storage on
cards. If you're shooting at a leisurely pace, and aren't filling up
cards, it's not an issue.

And, no, if one is shooting with the Olympus E-1 system, which has its
own lenses, there's no crop factor to worry about. But there is the
problem of needing all new lenses. ;-)