Subject: [Leica] My new R8 arrived !
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Oct 11 12:00:08 2004

Greg

Thanks,  I do have several R lenses, and one Visoflex lens with adapter.
My favorites are my 90mm Elmarit and the 560mm Telyt, although the Telyt
does not get much use lately. I just got a used 24mm Elmarit a month or so
ago, and i am learning how to put it to work right now.  I think the R8
will become my main R camera after I get used to it, I also have a R4SP
and a SL, which I also love to use the SL.  Lots of Fall colors right now,
so I am thinking of taking a few days off and put the R8 through its paces
before the colors start to go away.

Gene

Congratulations Gene! The R8 is a wonderful camera with some of the most
outstanding glass offered anywhere. It is the true descendent of the SL2!

Greg