Subject: [Leica] My new R8 arrived !
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Oct 11 11:49:20 2004

Michiel

Thanks, it is certainly meeting my expectations for the short time I have
had it out of the box.  I will probably end up getting the motor drive,
maybe after the first of the year, if I can sneak it past the wife.  ;-) I
do have the winder for my R4SP and it is very convenient for shooting
people as you say.

Regards,
Gene

  I may eventually want the motor,
> but it is easily added.  Although if I get the Digital Back, which is
one
> of the reasons for getting the R8, the motor would not be needed.  On
the

Congratulations with your R8.
I've had mine for two years and it is a superb canera.
If however you do a lot of 'people photography' I can really advise the
motor or the winder. It really helps to keep the focus on the subject.

Best regards,

Michiel Fokkema