Subject: [Leica] IIIf needs cleaning
From: heintz at ucalgary.ca (John W. Heintz)
Date: Fri Oct 8 23:59:47 2004

I've just inherited a Leica IIIf from my late father-in-law, who
purchased it in Wiesvaden while stationed there with  NATO command in
1951. The lens is a Carl Zeiss Sonnar T 5cm, f/1.5.

The lens thread and mount have an accretion of white powder or
crystals. The shutter is not working properly. Can anyone recommend a
technician in Calgary, or Canada, who would be prepared to clean the
camera and lens, and put the shutter in good working order?

I'd also be grateful for any onformation about this lens.

The other lens is the 35mm, f/3.5 Summaron, which a number of LUG
members have described on their web sites.

Thanks for the help.

john heintz

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] IIIf needs cleaning)
Reply from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] IIIf needs cleaning)