Subject: [Leica] Digital nosebumps [was Re: OT P/S digital for trip to Indonesia
From: john at scocca.org (John Scocca)
Date: Mon Dec 27 19:32:32 2004

I had a vision of this happening to my p/s Panaleica LC-40, so I bought
the adapter (like a lenshood that screws into the body) and a generic
52 mm lens cap to fit it.  This combo never leaves the camera.  The
adapter makes a rigid protective bumper/can for the accordion-pleated
lens.  This is at least some protection for the optics.  The adapter is
also a  lens hood --   Less flare and the lens cap can stay on even
when the camera is switched on.

Best 20 bux I ever spent on a digital accessory.  IMO don't leave home
without one.

Cheers and best of seasonal wishes to all...

John Scocca