Subject: [Leica] IIIf needs cleaning
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Sat Oct 9 00:12:18 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 23:59, John W. Heintz wrote:
> I've just inherited a Leica IIIf from my late father-in-law, who
> purchased it in Wiesvaden while stationed there with  NATO command in
> 1951. The lens is a Carl Zeiss Sonnar T 5cm, f/1.5.

I used to live in Wiesbaden. Beautiful, elegant town. Went back last
year, for the first time in maybe 20 years...

Try these guys for the camera body. Gerry is brilliant and one of the
nicest people around.

http://www.kindermann.ca/

The 1.5/50 Sonnar is a milestone lens and reasonably rare in LTM mount.
You may want to send it to this fellow to get cleaned. Great, great
lens.

http://www.zeisscamera.com/

The repairs may not be cheap, but a functional IIIf with THAT lens would
be a joy to use. Maybe you can pick up a VIOOH finder for accurate
framing. (ritzcam.com)

Feli

--
feli2@earthlink.net                                     www.elanphotos.com