Subject: [Leica] going minimal, malls and security, etc.
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Fri Oct 8 17:50:11 2004

> Speaking of going minimal,
> what's a good pocketable 35mm film
> camera with a f2 or faster lens and manual
> settings for speed and aperture ?

Well, speaking of going minimal, and security, and paranoia...

I went minimal with my IIIf, 50/1.5 Summarit, BW400CN, with my
grandkids, to the local mall this evening, figuring I'd get some good
shots.

Only to be stopped twice by security and told that 1.) I needed to check
my camera in at the security office while I was in the mall.  I talked
my way out of that one.  2.) Second security guard, very polite, and
very assertive, told me I couldn't take pictures in the mall.  I
explained I was taking pictures of my grandchildren.  No dice.

Are malls not "public space?"  I know they are privately owned, so I
guess that makes them subject to the same set of rules applicable to any
privately owned store.  Right?  Seems like I remember reading something
about this, but at the moment it eludes me.

Ken

Replies: Reply from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] going minimal, malls and security, etc.)