Subject: [Leica] Re: bags on planes, now going minimal
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Fri Oct 8 07:32:31 2004

>Daniel Ridings wrote:
>>  The Leica CL with a 40mm Summicron. Sounds like it's right on the mark.
>
>Anybody knows if the CL with 40mm Summicron
>noticeably smaller (more pocketable) than a IIIg with
>a 50mm Summicron (current or collapsible) ?

The CL is thicker and stouter, the III is longer thiner and heftier.

But I'd prefer to carry a III series if going abroad. The CL is
fragile - almost like a point and shoot. I was constantly worrying
about nicking the black paint or damaging the meter cell.

The III series I feel I can use as a spare hammer if I need to. The
lens mount is also a handy bottle opener too.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura