Subject: [Leica] Carry-on baggage
From: locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke)
Date: Fri Oct 8 08:13:00 2004

...did I ever tell you guys about the Lufthansa flight I took out of Turkey
and the kindly old lady with the chicken in her hand woven bag?

She was in front of me checking in and I swear she put that thing in the
xray machine.

...but there she was across the aisle in 72B with her chicken.
It was very quite so in our broken Deutch (as only a Turk and Newfoundlander
could do) asked her about the bird.

It seems it was a gift for her daughter-in-law in Berlin.

Seemed as good an answer as any so I put on my Walkman with the middle
eastern music I bought in Konya, smiled and had a nap.

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
http://blog.greglocke.com
Independent journalism from