Subject: [Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane
From: alaxsxaq at gmail.com (Glenn Stauffer)
Date: Thu Oct 7 16:41:18 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 20:55:54 -0230, Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca> wrote:

> If your laptop batteries are good, have your machine in on in standby mode
> to allow quick start up.

I've not had anyone ask me to turn on any electronic equipment the
last couple of years.  Lots of business trips with my laptop and,
aside from having to send it through on its own, never a glance.
They've pretty much figure out laptops and most other electronic gear
- my experience being with a laptop, radio, mini-dis recorder and GPS
unit.  Haven't had any of them double-checked in a while.

In two foreign trips this summer, my cameras and film barely got any
attention.  I sent everything through x-ray.   Ony my recent trip to
Europe, the M6 with three lenses didn't elicit a second look in either
the US or Belgium.  My bags were gone through in Belgium, but that's
because there were hand-checks imposed on everyone headed to the US.

When I pack, I do try to keep things arranged so each electronic or
photo is discretely visible through when the bags are x-rayed.

Glenn