Subject: [Leica] 75mm 1.4 - Any pics?
From: aalmansi at yahoo.com (Aquiles Almansi)
Date: Thu Oct 7 08:51:35 2004

I had the same experience at first, with people
telling me that my pictures were out of focus. I even
considered eye surgery!

But, when one looks at a deph of field table, the
truth becomes obvious: wide open, at a short distance,
the DOF of any 75mm lens is extremely shallow (less
than 2cm, for example). If one adds that one is
shooting handheld, a moving subject, under very poor
light, an extremly fast/grainy film...don't expect
sharpeness! This lens is great to capture the
atmosphere of low light situations, but if one if
after sharp images...one needs to stay away from those
situations!

Example of extremely shallow deph of field:
http://www.leica-gallery.net/aalmansi/image-55783.html

and other examples:

http://www.leica-gallery.net/aalmansi/image-47261.html
http://www.leica-gallery.net/aalmansi/folder-7019.html