Subject: [Leica] The Times Have Changed
From: hey_eyni at hotmail.com (Annie ...)
Date: Sun Oct 3 21:24:08 2004

>Leo offered:
>>>I went through an airport last week and they had me take the lenscap
>>>off of my noctilux so they could look through the lens of the M7.
>>>Didn't bother to explain that it didn't work that way.<<<<<<<<
>
>Scary part about this is that we entrust our lives to these same people to
>keep us safe in the air! :-(

Had a similar experience in the Denver with my M7. When the camera bag
passed through the x-ray machine, the x-ray guy said that the M7 was very
dense for a camera. Then a lady (wearing gloves) came and took my camera bag
and told me to come with her to an isolated area.  She held the camera and
tried to rip the rubber lens cap off! When she saw the lens glass, she
realized that it was indeed a camera. Then she took the camera bag (small
Hadley) and inspected it for powder or some chemical of some sort.  I don't
even smoke...use make-up, yes. After that, she just said 'OK' and let me
through.

Some tried to be cute, after I handed my film over for hand inspection, they
pretended that they lost it when I was asking for it back ... but of course
they returned it to me. Uuggh, these "security" people...

--- Annie