Subject: [Leica] The negative as positive
From: paul at paulhardycarter.com (Paul)
Date: Thu Oct 7 04:02:06 2004

Do I really insist? Oh yes, of course I do. Frightfully sorry for
boring you by doing so!

Not that it matters, but I think the analogy does work for colour neg
quite well, at least as well as it does for b&w neg. Surely the point
is that the neg is a an artifact, a document in it's own right, much
like a score.

When you come to print that whatever you do - burning or dodging or
cross-processing or solorising, or even scanning - you're still working
from that original document.

The lack of that document is one of the things that I most dislike
about digital.

P.

*******
Paul Hardy Carter