Subject: [Leica] The negative as positive
From: paul at paulhardycarter.com (Paul)
Date: Thu Oct 7 02:58:16 2004

I've never heard that quote from the great man, but it sums up my
approach perfectly.

I wonder how this fits in with the digital world so many of us now live
in. With film the image is cast in stone, as it were, once it's fixed
and it's than up to the printer to make what he can out of it.

A digital image never reaches this state, unless you call the RAW image
the definitive version, but even that has usually been manipulated in
the camera.

So where's the "digital score"?

P.

*******