Subject: [Leica] 75mm 1.4 - Any pics?
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Oct 6 10:24:45 2004

Matt
That's why I bought the Summilux - for working wide open at 1.4! Otherwise
I would have bought the much cheaper, but well-reputed Voigtlander 2.5/75mm
Heliar. That doesn't say that I always use it wide-open. But why buying a
fast lens if you're not using the speed? Thats like buying a Ferrari and
creep along the road.

With a 75mm lens you have to focus anyway if you're wide open or not -
except at infinity.

Here I was not quick enough to focus on the bride
http://www.mogool.com/fritz/weddingpix/source/13.html
I had shot the bride, with the focus sharp on her, when she was 3m away
(pic before), and then I just followed her, without real control over the
focus, and shot again - now her grandparents are sharp and she's is
blurred... would be an interesting shot, if the bride and her attendant
wouldn't be so light and the grandparents so dark because of the
flashlight... By the way, I use the flash very rarely. Better should have
used a 1600 or 3200 ASA B&W film in the church.

Anyway, the pictures had more success than those from the official pro
wedding photog (which was, after the church ceremony, very impressed by my
Leica's quiet shutter - he had a rather noisy motordriven Nikon SLR).
Didier

Message from mattmorgan1 at mac.com (Matt Morgan) ([Leica] 75mm 1.4 - Any pics?)
Message from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] 75mm 1.4 - Any pics?)
Message from mattmorgan1 at mac.com (Matt Morgan) ([Leica] 75mm 1.4 - Any pics?)