Subject: [Leica] OT: I need a cheap FILM camera
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed Oct 6 08:48:54 2004

I recently bought a pre-Spotmatic Pentax (H2) for around $60 with lens.  I
actually prefer it to the K-1000 that I already owned.  Lighter, DOF
preview, and just a great feel, not that distant from M Leica in size and
balance.  Also, my beater 55mm lens has a sticky auto-diaphragm so I end up
using it in stop-down mode most of the time, which is kind of instructive
for a student.  I think the early SM Pentaxes are great for eliminating
mental clutter and getting down to what's really important in photography.

Also, don't forget the Kiev 122 with excellent Helios.  Around $60.

Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr. SE
Albuquerque, NM  87108
505-262-4085