Subject: [Leica] New posting, old images
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sun Oct 3 13:24:43 2004

Back in the late 1960s when I lived in Memphis I had a chance to photograph
a few of the last remaining delta blues musicians as part of a video
project.  Recently, one of these images was selected for use in Guitar
World Acoustic magazine as the lead photo in an article on finger-style
picking.  I had to dig out some old negs for the scans and thought I'd post
a couple for anyone who might be interested.  The one used in the magazine
is of Walter "Furry" Lewis in 1968.  The other is of Joe Calicott, Nesbitt
MS, also 1968.  Both of these artists are long deceased.  I was lucky to
get these pictures while they were still around.  I think the article will
appear in the November issue of GWA.  They were doing the layouts Friday.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/Phils-LTM-photos/Calicott_small>http://gallery.leica-users.org/Phils-LTM-photos/Calicott_small
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Phils-LTM-photos/Furry_3small

Both images made with Leica M2 on Eastman 2475 recording film, D-76 1:1.

Comments are welcome.

Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr. SE
Albuquerque, NM  87108