Subject: [Leica] OT: I need a cheap FILM camera
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue Oct 5 21:12:31 2004

I figure this will warm the hearts of the film dinosaurs on the list :-)
But it is a legitimate request. A friend of mine needs a manual focus,
manual everything SLR camera with standard lens for her teenage son's
photography class, and has asked my help in choosing one. I guess the
default recommendation is a Pentax K1000 or possibly ME Super; but what
are similar offerings from Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Minolta? It has to be
2nd hand, since all their new cameras are autofocus which is out for
this purpose.

TIA

Nathan
--