Subject: [Leica] OT: I need a cheap FILM camera
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Tue Oct 5 21:28:58 2004

Nathan,

I used to shoot Nikon SLR's and really
liked the FG (lower end) and FM2n (middle-end).
On the Canon side, the AE-1 was very good,
until I dunked it into ocean water while on a sailing
trip.  I spent quite a bit of time with a Pentax Spotmatic
too, and it is quite good also.

If I was to get another manual SLR other than a Leica R,
I would check out the Olympus OM line.  I am quite intrigued
by them, and I have a weak spot for smaller cameras.

I think there are tons of choices in excellent manual SLRs.

- Phong