Subject: [Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Oct 5 19:46:56 2004

At 10:33 PM 10/5/2004, you wrote:
>Hi Mark,
>
>see: http://www.asmp.org/tips/tsa.php
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Greg

I wish this were true, but if you notice, it says that the TSA gives
permission for an extra bag.  TSA is in charge of security only and has
nothing to do with what can be carried on the plane.  That is up to the
airline and the gate people.  I've fought this fight too many
times.  Nobody has ever heard of the ASMP allowance for an extra bag and
even if they had, all they have to do is say "Sorry, we don't have room on
board for an extra bag" and that's that.  Just plan on carrying one bag
that you don't mind surrendering at the gate.  I've never lost a bag that I
checked at the gate but I have lost checked luggage that is picked up at
baggage claim.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com