Subject: [Leica] Photokina _ The lens on Tom's RD1
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Oct 4 10:46:00 2004

I haven't yet handled an RD1, Nathan, but I find the objection to the
shutter advance interesting. Because I would think that requiring this
pause, if you will, brings the digital shooting experience that much
closer to the film RF experience - and that can only be positive, no?
Doesn't it force you to think a bit more about each frame, just as
shooting film with an M - v. shooting film with a motor driven SLR -
forces you to do?
Granted, it's "fake" in a way, but it strikes me in theory as one of the
rare times when "fake" may be good.

B. D.